As soon as a month we’re that includes a family-friendly recipe from the Hatfields for our Kids Can Cook part. Their dairy-free teen cooking star is Katherine and this week she and her “mama”, Sarah, have two beloved recipes to share. As a result of their mushy baked granola and granola bar recipes go hand in hand.
Our household’s favourite granola recipe is an adaptation of Amy Dacyczyn’s granola recipe from The Tightwad Gazette. This fast and easy granola has a softer, extra muesli-like really feel than most granolas. A few of my kids don’t take care of granola that’s “crunchy,” however this softer granola is a recipe all of them get pleasure from. Very similar to the Soft Baked Granola Bars we bake utilizing this granola, additionally it is an important alternative for these with braces–or youngsters who could be lacking some tooth!
It’s additionally a quick breakfast to make once you’re out of cereal, because it makes use of gadgets which can be normally in your kitchen. You may even omit the coconut and it’ll nonetheless be simply tremendous. The baking time is simply 10 minutes, so you would even make it and serve it on the identical morning!
When baked and crumbled, this granola is a pleasant combination of evenly toasted oat items and chewy brown sugar honey clusters. It’s nice on dairy-free yogurt, served with dairy-free milk, combined into granola bars, or simply eaten by itself. I just like the added protein increase from the powdered dairy-free milk, and it additionally helps to create a satisfying texture. You could possibly additionally combine in flax seed or wheat germ for much more vitamins.
This can be a very straightforward recipe for kids to assist with after which make by themselves. Youthful kids can
combine the dry components collectively after which combine within the honey combination. Older youngsters can prepare dinner the honey combination with help and bake the granola within the oven. It’s all the time good to have straightforward recipes for youths to make that use components which can be already available.
Particular Weight-reduction plan Notes: Gentle Baked Granola
By components, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally high meals allergy-friendly.
Dairy-Free Gentle Baked Granola
Writer: Sarah and Katherine Hatfield
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Put the sugar, oil, and liquid sweetener in a small saucepan over medium warmth. Whisk collectively and warmth simply till the sugar is dissolved.
- Put the oats, coconut (if utilizing), milk powder, cinnamon, and salt in a 9×13-inch baking dish and stir to mix.
- Pour the melted sugar combination over the dry combination in your baking dish. Stir till evenly mixed.
- Bake the granola for 10 minutes.
- Let the granola cool within the pan on a cooling rack.
- When the granola is totally cool, break it into chunks by stirring it with a picket spoon, or crumble it along with your palms.
- Retailer the granola in an hermetic container for as much as three weeks at room temperature, or freeze it for optimum freshness if you need to get pleasure from it later.
Key Components: Gentle Baked Granola